Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Icy roads........serious business

So I owned myself today. Trying to move my car to a better location besides the previously mentioned and previously shown STEEP ASS driveway I slid my car into a ditch making a right hand turn one block away from my house.

My speed around said turn was 4-7 mph, which apparently is 4-7 mph too fast when there is ice around such a turn. Going into the turn was perfectly dry, it hasn't snowed here since Saturday night. I'm a dumbass. I didn't hit anything. My wheels did contact the soft peat in the embankment a little bit but no damage to anything. I was about 3 feet from a stop sign, that would've sucked.

Garret and Hagan tried to tow me out with Garret's Tundra but they couldn't get any grip at all and could only drag me along the ditch for about 15 yards and not out of it. :-(

So I hear it will be snowing and like 15 degrees tonight. Grrrrrreat. What a nice introduction to a Washington winter. I asked for it thought.

Here are some pics that I snapped so that you can see the retarded angle I'm at. ::sigh::




No comments: