Monday, January 19, 2009

Tossin' Salads

When I was in high school I remember a bunch of people over at my girlfriend's aunt and uncle's house watching TV and drinking beer while she was supposed to be housesitting. This is where I first was exposed to Chris Rock's HBO special "Bring the Pain". It has a special place in my heart. I don't remember ever, EVER, laughing so hard at a stand up comedy routine up to that point in my life. It was just refreshing and hilariously awesome. I guess it would be like how previous generations felt when they first heard Martin, Carlin, Pryor, or Murphy. Anyways, the bit about tossing salads really cracked me up. Since then I've always wondered what "prison special" Rock was referring to. Because of the greatness that is Youtube, I now know where his original material came from and that in fact it was real.

I include the bit and the prison interview below.
WARNING: If you have no sense of humor or are a total prude or are offended by strong language then GTFO and don't bother clicking any of the vids below.



No comments: