Wednesday, August 5, 2009

SOTD 8/5 Feeling Good - Nina Simone



I will be posting SOTD on my blog since it shows up in the Notes on FB anyways. My friend Leslie posted Michael Buble doing a passable cover of this song and I commented that Nina's is much better of course. And then today Hai's status reminded me of it. If perhaps one day you find yourself on a lovely beach before dawn, and can somehow play this song and time it for the horns to come in as the sun peeks over the horizon I'm sure you will achieve something close to nirvana on earth.

I think the first ditty I ever heard sung by her was "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" and was captivated by her voice and the soul behind it. Shanna put the "Love Me or Leave Me" on a mixtape back when we were young romantics, so that song will always have a special place in my heart too.

Also, thanks to Vince for putting me on to box.net. You can stream and download everything. I love the internet.

Grab this track here.

No comments: